Looking for a highly experience professional in EHS Management for Nuevo Laredo.
Challenging and growing organization
Detalles del cliente
International manufacturer of medical supplies.
Descripción de la vacante
The main responsibilities are to:
- Develop environmental strategies to ensure safety and compliance. Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.Plan, develop and implement the EHS strategies and processes for the company.
- Monitor and reduce environmental hazards such as chemical pollution and structural risks.
- Develop strategies to reduce these hazards through improved design.
- Identify applicable environmental regulations and risks and interact with Operations, Planning, Legal, Engineering, and HR to implement acceptable systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management System.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
- Identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs. Prepare environmental reports.
- Raise awareness of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Audit and report on environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Keep abreast of environmental legislation and good practice.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
Perfil del candidato
Bachelors degree in Science, Environmental studies or related field. Ten years of professional environmental experience with a strong knowledge of Environmental regulations and some Health and Safety regulatory knowledge. At least 5 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work. Experience in the application of EHS management systems. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with wide variety of audiences (operators, management, engineering, etc.). Occupational Safety certification is a must. Advanced English.
Oferta de empleo
- Above the law benefits.
- Major Medical Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Savings fund.