Evaluations for geomodel building in support of multi-discipline projects
Recommend and assist in the planning of data collection programs
Detalles de la empresa
Oil & Gas leading company.
Descripción de la vacante
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- To provide multi-well petrophysical evaluations for geomodel building in support of multi-discipline projects
- To recommend and assist in the planning of data collection programs (core and log analysis)
- To provide operational petrophysical support as needed during critical open-hole logging operations
- To provide quality control and analysis of core and log data
- To apply physical models to derive reservoir properties from well log responses
- To drive the integration of rock property data and interpretations into existing and new models
- To assess and predict from core and multi-log analysis the rock and fluid properties along with sensitivities and uncertainties of those properties
- To make recommendations of landing zone for optimized lateral well placement
- To work closely with geoscientists and engineers to ensure a full utilization of drilling, wellbore, and lab measurements to identify reservoir properties
- To liaise with other petrophysicists to provide best practices and standardization of the log interpretation processes
- To provide mentoring to less experienced petrophysicists, geoscientists, and engineers
- To present petrophysical reports and interpretations to company management and representatives of other companies
Perfil del candidato
Degree: Masters degree in in geoscience, engineering or physics required
10+ years of petrophysical experience with > 5 years of experience in unconventional
Required prior experience with the application of physical models to calculate reservoir properties
Thorough understanding of core analysis, LWD, MWD and wire line well logging operations and technologies required
General understanding of reservoir engineering principles, completion principles, drilling principles and fundamental rock physics, geologic processes, and geophysical tools is important
Preferred experience with geomechanics interpretation, drilling dynamics, mudlogs, and production logging
Computer Proficiencies: Required extensive experience with petrophysical software package.
Intermediate PC skills are required in Microsoft desktop suites. Experience with Petrel and Geographix also preferred.
Oferta de empleo
Attractive compensation package.