Mechanical Design Engineer
Review & respond to technical sales enquiries for new or modified designs
Conceptual design, cost & lead time estimation of new product to meet specs
Detalles de la empresa
Global manufacturing company of valves and pipe fittings for different industries
Descripción de la vacante
This position is responsible for the provision of satisfactory technical support for Sales, Manufacturing & Quality.
Job Duties/ Responsabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Review & respond to incoming technical sales enquiries for new or modified designs. Review of technical specification, application, configuration & design.
- Conceptual design, cost & lead time estimation of new product to meet customer specifications.
- Provide technical information & assistance to sales staff. To include knowledge of relevant standards, product design details & production processes.
- Work with the engineering team in providing detail design of product assemblies, to include sales approval, manufacturing drawings & specifications.
- Carry out technical analysis & testing of new or modified designs for approval.
- Provide technical support to the site Operations teams to support the production of existing products, products that are new to the facility, or products that are released from R&D for production.
- Assist the extended engineering teams in developing & implementing new techniques, procedures & processes to improve departmental productivity & efficiency.
- Contribute to the harmonization of processes across business units & affiliates.
- Liaise with the site Operations teams & external third party approval bodies to maintain product 'type' certifications.
- Carry out customer & supplier visits to provide engineering support & service as required.
- Execute various improvement & product related projects & tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Perfil del candidato
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Hons. Degree in Mechanical /Electrical / Design Engineering
- 4+ Years' experience in a similar manufacturing / engineering environment.
- High level of computer literacy essential.
- Proficient in Computer Aided Design products (AutoCad Mechanical, Inventor, SolidWorks or equivalent essential).
- Familiarity with GD&T, dimensioning & drawing layout.
- Exposure to DOE, FEA, & Microsoft Project would be advantageous.
- Good analytical, design skills, creativity in providing competitive customer design solutions.
- Team player with strong technical leadership skills with an ability to influence others.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Proven track record in delivering reliability, cost, quality & productivity improvement projects.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, credibility & presentation skills.
- Customer orientated.
Oferta de empleo
Above the law benefits