Process & Quality Engineer Aluminum Machining
Drives engineering principles, training and project reviews
Manages machine, gauging, tooling and equipment procurement process
Detalles de la empresa
International conglomerate of the manufacturing sector
Descripción de la vacante
- Manages, develops and improves all manufacturing standards including: machine capability, process maps, set-ups, quality controls, tooling and fixture records, routings and cycle times, line balancing.
- Drives engineering principles and discipline through mentoring, training and project reviews including: PFMEA, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Dynamic Control Plans (DCP), 8D's, Project Management
- Capital planning, CER creations and Approvals, Capital Project Timing and Implementation, Capital Spending and Budgeting
- Manages machine, gauging, tooling and equipment procurement process including: quoting, supplier selection, machine specification, run-off, installation, training and launch
- Manages all new product introductions with disciplined up-front manufacturing involvement and program management deliverable execution
- Coordinates activities of sub-contractors and service reps
- Plant VA/VE savings and orchestration
- Drives Labor and O/H meetings and savings with internal plant associates to meet 5% year over year goal
- Improves shop floor productivity and drives controllable spending reduction
- Ensures all equipment meets OSHA compliant safety regulations
- Responsible for plant and site layout
- Basic understanding of material flows
Perfil del candidato
- Fluent knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, aluminum machining, assembly and quality control processes
- Advanced problem solving including demonstrated ability to systematically determine root cause using 6-Sigma, DOE, A3, 9 Step Problem Solving, and 5-Why tools.
- Ability to utilize engineering principles to develop robust manufacturing processes and improve process capability
- Ability to quickly assess manufacturing issues related to design and tolerancing
- Knowledge of basic design and manufacturing datum development and its effect on manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of new model launch requirements and processes to ensure flawless launch goals
- Ability to use such management-leadership techniques such as; project mgt., objective development and project review disciplines
- Strong leadership skills to drive engineering principles and processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles
- Ability to resolve multiple conflicts between widely varying personalities.
- Cross functional communication, simultaneous engineering and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally complex supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with various functions; product engineering, NPD, supply chain, production management, EHS, etc.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day tactical issues as well as strategic and transformational priorities
- Office PC Skills: Excel, Word,
- Engineering Software skills: CAD (Pro E or equivalent), CNC programming, MES and PLM fundamentals
Oferta de empleo
Above the law benefits