Regional Tax Planning Manager
Growing in a multinational company
Professional grow as a Regional Tax Planning Manager
Detalles de la empresa
Multinational renewable energy company.
Descripción de la vacante
The main responsibilities are to:
- Oversee all Mexican Tax Compliance activities conducted by the Tax staff to ensure accurate tax return preparation and timely filing with a view on process efficiency.
- Manage relationships and interactions with high level SAT officers either as part of tax examination processes or for any other matters such as regular inquiries; tax refunds; tax rulings; etc.
- Provide in-depth tax analysis regarding Mexican Taxation with respect to any tax related matters involving the Projects in Mexico. This role is expected to be seen as a business partner and therefore, support General Manager; Commercial and Business Development in value creation for the Region including but not limited to assistance in dealings with CFE and other off-takers; Suppliers; Other third parties as required.
- Monitor Mexican tax related legislative and regulatory developments that may impact the company and proactively recommend tax return positions and/or actions to be taken with regards to them.
- Manage interface with outside tax advisors, including tax attorneys, accounting firms, and other tax consultants, to ensure the most efficient tax position for company's assets in Mexico.
- Manage Tax Function assistance on ASC740 reporting requirements to Corporate including tax input on USGAAP/MEXGAAP Financials processes.
- Provide mentorship to the Mexico Tax Group with the view to improve their technical skills and high quality work product while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Support Regional Business Development on any Mexican M&A opportunities by providing ad-hoc tax advice including but not limited to (1) Tax Due Diligence; (2) Tax assumptions for valuation purposes; (3) Mexico tax planning and tax structuring.
Perfil del candidato
Bachelor's degree in Accountancy and advanced tax degree. Certified Public Accountant. Strong technical knowledge on Mexican Tax Laws. Sound experience on MEXGAAP preparation/processes including tax provision (ASC740). Industry related experience a plus. Minimum 10 years tax experience in public accounting and/or multinationals currently in a tax manager role.
Oferta de empleo
- Base salary plus perks