Senior Quality Engineer (Metrology)
Manage calibration and gaging systems to comply ISO17025 and CQMS requirements
Develop and implement quality systems and controls as it relates to measurement
Detalles de la empresa
Major internatioal construction equipment manufacturer
Descripción de la vacante
As a Metrology Specialist you will establish the appropriate measurement equipment and method for
specific applications and characteristics; manage the Gage Lab to meet ISO 17025 and CQMS requirements, control
and administration of gage lab, calibration and certification of masters and precision gauges. Develop and improve
Measurement sequences on Gage Lab equipment such as CMM's, Roundness & surface gages.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement quality systems and controls as it relates to measurement systems
- Manage calibration and gaging systems to comply ISO17025 and CQMS requirements
- Develop and implement measurement plans and controls to ensure quality of the product to meet customer
- Work with customer quality and engineering teams to ensure correlation between company and customer measurement
- systems and techniques
- Work with project leaders in projects related to measurement equipment to validate or recommend new equipment
- Create CMM programs for measuring complex parts
- Evaluate new calibration methods and procedures.
- Use statistics to analyze measurement standards and processes.
- Maintain calibration and certification on gage lab measurement equipment
- Perform laboratory administration and management.
- Establish the appropriate measurement equipment and method for specific applications and characteristics
- Establish calibration/certification standards for gauges
- Develop standard work sheets for gage lab measurement equipment
- Mentoring and coaching on measurement techniques.
Perfil del candidato
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Manufacturing
- English 80-100% (read, write and speak)
- 3-6 years of experience with an excellent understanding of quality management practices. Knowledge of shop
- operations and maintenance procedures.
- Expertise in CMM programing and measurement of complex geometry and high precision components (Mahr, Zeiss,
- Jenoptik, Ametek, Mitutoyo).
- In depth knowledge of wide range of Metrology equipment, measurement practices, calibration and certification Strong
- understanding of GDT&T, SPC & statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and Gage Lab requirements
- Strong understanding on Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Knowledge on ANSI/ASME standards
- Ability to perform layouts based on product drawings
Oferta de empleo
Above the law benefits